Do you need to speak to someone about your emotional wellbeing?
I need help now
There are steps that we can all take to look after our emotional wellbeing.
Check out the self-care pages covering a range of different topics. If there’s something missing that would help you, get in touch and let us know.
If these tips don’t work for you, one of our teams or partner organisations may be able to help you – there is no shame in asking for help!
Looking after my wellbeing
What's going on with me
The five ways to wellbeing
We all experience life’s ups and downs – so it’s important to practice ways of thinking and do activities that help boost your mood.
Evidence suggests that including five types of actions into our daily lives is important for wellbeing:
- Connect with other people. Spend time with the people around you – at home, school or your local community
- Be physically active. Exercising makes you feel good. Keep an eye out for an activity that you enjoy
- Learn new skills. Set yourself a few goals for what you want to achieve. Try learning about something you’re interested in or something completely new
- Give to others. Doing something for another person makes you feel good – this could be with your friends or family, or through volunteering your tim. You don’t need to spend money – take time to listen to them and appreciate them.
- Pay attention to the moment (mindfulness). Take some time to think about what you are doing and how you are feeling. Taking notice can help you think about what’s important to you
Watch our video below or go to the NHS website for more information.
Information and resources about self-care.