Do you need to speak to someone about your emotional wellbeing?
Eating a healthy diet fuels both your body and your brain as you grow.
This helps you stay fit and healthy, both physically and with your emotions.
Why is healthy eating important?
- It gives you more energy
- It helps you stay at a healthy body weight for you
- It will keep your body and mind healthy
- It helps you focus
How do I eat healthily?
- Eat three meals a day. Only have snacks when needed and don’t skip breakfast!
- Eat five portions of fruit and veg every day
- Drink plenty of water – aim for 6-8 glasses of water every day
- Include several types of food in each meal to make sure you’re getting everything you need
- Swap sugary snacks for energy boosters like nuts or fruit.
Make sure you talk to someone you trust, like your parents or your doctor, before changing your diet.
You can work with them to plan meals that make you feel good!
Worries or problems with eating
Does eating or thinking about food make you worried, upset or guilty?
If you are worried about any of these things, it is important that you get the right advice and support so it doesn’t become a big problem.
Talk about how you’re feeling with someone you trust, or have a look at our page about feeling worried about eating.