Do you need to speak to someone about your emotional wellbeing?
12 October 2022
Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Service Programmes for Children and Young People
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
1 in 6 children and young people had a diagnosable mental health condition in 2021, such as anxiety or depression.This is up from 1 in 9 in 2017.
The roll-out of online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to young people and their families across Wales through the NHS aims to meet the increase in demand for children’s mental health services by providing early access to support for those who need it.
What is it?
SilverCloud is a free online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy service, delivered by NHS Wales in partnership with SilverCloud by Amwell.
It is designed to support mental health and wellbeing.
NHS Wales provides Silver Cloud services free for anyone living in Wales or registered with a GP in Wales.
We have a suite of new programmes designed to support children and young people who are experiencing mild-to-moderate symptoms of anxiety or low mood.
Who is it for?
Parents and carers can sign up for a free 12-week online therapy programme to help support children and young people aged 4-18 with mild-to-moderate anxiety
- Supporting an Anxious Child helps parents and carers support children aged 4-11 to understand and manage their anxiety.
- Supporting an Anxious Teen helps parents and carers support young people aged 12-18 to understand and manage their anxiety
Teens aged 16-18 can sign up for a free 12-week online therapy programme, without needing adult consent, for support with anxiety or low mood
- Space from Anxiety can help young people aged 16-18 understand and manage their anxiety.
- Space from Low Mood can help young people aged 16-18 understand and manage symptoms of low mood.
- Space from Low Mood & Anxiety can help young people aged 16-18 understand and manage symptoms of anxiety and low mood.
Choose one of our easy-to-use, interactive online therapy programmes to complete over 12 weeks and receive regular feedback from a qualified SilverCloud Supporter.
No need to be referred by your GP –access anytime, anywhere on your smartphone, tablet or desktop computer